Chickpea flour is a safe and effective alternative to harsh cleansing gels
That cleansing is an important step in everyday skin care has been drilled into our mindset since childhood. In the mornings when we wake up and especially in the evenings before going to bed, we commonly use gels, foams, oils, soaps, etc. for our cleansing routine. But are they really good for our skin?
Ayurveda Uses Chickpea Flour for Skin Cleansing
For a truly natural and homemade solution we need look no further than towards Ayurveda, which recommends chickpea flour. Yes, the same chickpea flour that is used for cooking. After all, if it is safe enough to eat, it is safe to apply on your skin. Compared to soaps and some commercial wash-off gels, chickpea flour is a superior and an all-natural solution. Soaps commonly strip away the acidic mantle from our skin, whereas gels quite often contain harsh chemicals. Chickpea flour is gentle on your skin, doesn’t cause allergic reactions and is an overall non-invasive way of cleansing.
Chickpea flour properties
• Removes dead skin, thanks to its gentle exfoliating properties, leaving skin smooth and soft
• Unclogs pores, helping to deal with acne prone skin.
• Tightens pores, which is especially important for those with oily skin. It does so without giving an overly dry feeling.
Using Chickpea Flour for a DIY face and neck cleanse
Neem and Chickpea flour are a powerful combination, and it’s very easy to use them in your daily skincare routine
1. Mix 1 Tablespoon of chickpea flour with water to form a moderately thick paste.
2. Apply on your face and neck
3. Leave on for 5 minutes
4. Gently wash it off with circular motions using lukewarm water.
To enhance chickpea’s natural properties, consider adding powdered neem leaves. Neem’s anti-bacterial properties go very well together with chickpea flour for a thorough cleansing effect. After washing off this mask you will feel your skin is noticeably smoother and softer than before.
How do you like this alternative, natural way of face cleansing? Try it and let me know in comments below. Happy Cleansing!